Are you one of the estimated 53,000 US residents who purchased a snowmobile this year? You’re in good company! With over 1.3 million registered snowmobiles in the country, this pastime is growing in popularity every year!
With popularity comes a greater responsibility for safety on your rides. That’s what International Snowmobile Safety Week is all about! This year, January 21st– 28th, we at Patrons Oxford Insurance would like to remind our agents and policyholders of the obligation snowmobile riders have in keeping our trails safe for all.
Some tips to keep in mind when hitting the trails:
- Don’t drink alcohol and ride
- Keep your machine in working order
- Never ride alone
- Come to a complete stop before crossing roads/trails
- Remember the basic hand signals for making stops and turns
- Dress appropriately
- Stay on marked trails only
- Be aware of darkness, water/ice, and your surroundings in general.
- Follow all state rules/regulations
To see these and other snowmobile tips, visit the International Snowmobile Manufactures Association website.
Patrons Oxford Insurance values the safety of our agents and policyholders alike. Take care this riding season!